Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday's Link

I wanted to point you to a really interesting podcast I found the other day. It features travel photographer David Sanger and he talks about how his business works and the changes it's going through. On the other side of the coin is Rich Legg, also a stock photographer but working within a different field and business structure - microstock. It's interesting to hear the two parties talk very cordially about what are very different photography models. You can find the link to it on David's site here.

Kirk Tuck wrote a great book called Minimalist Lighting: Professional Techniques for Location Photography. It's a really handy reference for those of you starting out in the world of using small flashes off-camera. He's also got a blog and I wanted to send you to his latest post which I found really thought provoking.

And finally a nice article about preparing yourself to become a professional photographer. There's some really great points here.

Anyway they're all a bit business oriented today. That's because I'm giving a talk to the AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photography) NQ chapter tonight, talking a bit about what I do and how I do it. So I guess I'm kind of in a business type of mood!

seeya

Paul

No comments: