Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday's Links

Here's a great little piece on 20+ non-photographic essentials for location photography. Not all of them are going to be relevant if you're a documentary-style travel photographer, but if you have any aspirations on entering the commercial travel world then there's some great tips here.

And if you ever wanted to know how to be a really bad travel writer then head over here! I love the one about not reading good travel writing. 'It’s true that reading good writing can make you a better writer, but it will only serve to make you frustrated.' Priceless. Likewise never look at good photography - tongue firmly in cheek here. :)

And here's a great post about giving back to other photographers. The main reason I started the blog is to give back to a great photographic community. There are no secrets here folks. Ask me and I'll tell you - if I know the answer. If I don't I'll just make it up. :) Seriously though, there's nothing as rewarding for me as helping a fellow photographer out. Whether it be with a technique, or advice on launching a career. I certainly don't profess to have all the answers (or even half of them!) but when I do have a bit of experience in certain areas I'm more than happy to pass it on and would encourage you all to do the same.

No comments: