Friday, October 28, 2011

Fantastic FNQ photo Friday




I don't get down to Townsville as much as I'd like. It's got a different atmosphere to Cairns, and heaps to see and do - especially for families. One of my favourite views is one that I got thanks to the wonderful staff at Townsville Jupiters.

Right down on the waterfront, I was there on assignment for a magazine and really wanted a lovely shot out over the marina towards Castle Rock. The management kindly let me go up to the roof one early morning to capture this beautiful view. If you never ask you never know!

Go to my website to see more Townsville photos.

2 comments:

Neal said...

So nice to see a landmark close to home. especially from a point of view often unseen. There are many similar shots but often from a lower view point or from helicopter etc.

Love the warm morning light here.

Unknown said...

Hi there Neal,

yeah I imagine it's a bit of a rare angle. I feel really privileged to have been able to get up there, and like you say in such beautiful light.