Monday, January 11, 2010

My blog plans for the year...


Well dear blog readers, if you're still here after such a long period of sporadic posts then I truly thank you.

Christmas and New Years is always pretty hectic and finding the time and motivation to sit down and blog proved to be more difficult than I thought it would be.

For the past two years I have pretty much posted a picture every single week day of the year! That's a lot of posts and I think it all just caught up with me.

Anyway I'm back on track and looking forward to another year of travel photography and adventures.

As far as my plans for the blog go for the next 12 months, I'm hoping to get a bit more back to my roots. The reason I started the blog in the first place. To post images that I like and talk a little bit about them. The technical stuff certainly, but just as importantly the feeling behind the image and what I wanted to convey.

On the technical side of things I'll be assuming that people are pretty familiar with terms like aperture, shutter speed, focal length, wide angle, telephoto. So the posts will be for an intermediate audience predominantly but that doesn't mean if you're a beginner you're not going to get a lot out of it - just that you might need to reach for your instruction manual every so often. :)

Mostly when I find other interesting websites and snippets of interest I tend to post that on my Twitter feed. I just find it easier to hit that old Retweet button and it means I can post a few in one day rather than save a week's worth up and post them all in one hit. Having said that I'll still stick lots of link in my general posts so you can go and find other sources of information.

I'll also do posts every now and again on how the profession of a travel photographer works. This one is a constantly moving target with many of our traditional markets drying up. Magazines are folding, newspapers are becoming giant corporation-run behemoths and the stock industry has seen an incredible increase in the supply of travel images but not such an increase in the demand. So of course that means a depression in prices. So I'll try to keep you all linked in to how things seem to be going.

But the essence of the next 12 months will be on travel photography and how it enriches all our lives. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to inspire you and some comments and we'll continue to grow this little community of ours.

So if you know of anybody who loves travel photography send them our way. Here's to a great 2010 and I look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible.

cheers

Paul

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

G'day Paul, sounds exciting! I've been following your blog for while now and really enjoy your honest, down-to-earth style of writing about your passion. I don't always manage to catch up with all of the (innumerable!) bloggers I follow as soon as they post, but when I get a chance love to sit and catch up on what's been going on, so I will definitely be looking forward to your 2010 adventures. All the best!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words Steve. It's always gratifying to have people enjoy the blog - especially when people are busy. Remember if you've got anything you wante to write about just let me know.