Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Monday's link on Wednesday

I sort of got side-tracked with Monday and Tuesday's post and forgot about our regular Monday link. So here it is a couple of days late.

Bob Krist is one of my all-time favourite travel photographers. A keen eye for a great shot, Bob doesn't rely on post-production tricks to get great images. Not only is he a fantastic photographer but he's a really great author as well. You can check out his book list on his website. I have a copy of the Spirit of Place: The Art of the Traveling Photographer (add an extra l in Traveling for those of us in the commonwealth!) and it is absolutely brilliant.

The biggest problem I often have with books on travel photography is that if they have great writing they often have pretty mediocre photography, and if the photography is eye-popping the information often leaves a lot to be desired.

This is not one of those books, it's the complete package. He also has some great multimedia presentations on his site, and if you jump on to You Tube you can see a couple of videos of Bob in action here and here.

Check out Bob's work and I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do.

No comments: